Search feature in the new board

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

First of all I'd like to thank all the people involved in the renewal of the board...looks nice! ....I hope this new board will be more robust than the previous one.

Not sure if anybody has noticed this yet but the search feature doesn't seem to yield results like before... Maybe they are still working on this & other features...Anyway, I just thought I would post this question here.

Regards.

Thanks Jaafar for bringing this up. The admin and mod team are working closely and have identified a number of minor quirks; this upgrade is still very much in progress. :)

We made the board live as soon as we could.
Considering the size of the forum database, it took a while to re-index it.
Searches now generate results.
You can also do google searches using site:mrexcel.com/forum as a filter

I don't know if this is still being worked upon as part of the searches issue but I can get the threads I have started to come up fine but I can't get any threads to which I responded to come up.
Also, while I am here I would just to echo the sentiment that I appreciate the efforts you are all putting in.

I don't know if this is still being worked upon as part of the searches issue but I can get the threads I have started to come up fine but I can't get any threads to which I responded to come up.
Also, while I am here I would just to echo the sentiment that I appreciate the efforts you are all putting in.

I'd just like to say that while I appreciate the new "look and feel", and the effort going on behind the scenes, I too am missing the ability to search for threads I have responded to and not just those I've initiated, and I'm sure you can all appreciate how important that option is. If there's another way to achieve the result of being easily able to check up on the process of solutions I've provided (not involving subscribing to every thread I reply to) then please let me know.

Keep up the good work!

I just want to point out that I can get all the posts since the upgrade. It is the posts from before the upgrade that I can't get. I can get everything I started I think .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back