Search multiple workbooks in a folder and subfolders for a specific string

jskasango

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need a VBA code to let me browse to a folder and Search for a specific string in multiple workbooks ((*.xl*) Sheet.Results)) in the folder and subfolders . If the specified string is found the code should copy the entire row into a new "Found" workbook including the headers from the first "Hit" only and any "new" headers in subsequent "finds" should be appended to the right of the "Found".
Any assistance will be highly appreciated. THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.

Sorry. I give up. ROW 1 DOES NOT MATCH ANYTHING FROM THE CORRESPONDING COLUMN ROW 25 DOWNWARDS!!! There is no "entry" in column "A". There is no "stock ID" in column "B". There is no "Name" in column "C". THERE IS NOTHING TO MATCH!!! Good luck. Dave

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Sorry. I give up. ROW 1 DOES NOT MATCH ANYTHING FROM THE CORRESPONDING COLUMN ROW 25 DOWNWARDS!!! There is no "entry" in column "A". There is no "stock ID" in column "B". There is no "Name" in column "C". THERE IS NOTHING TO MATCH!!! Good luck. Dave
Dave I am sorry too. I think it is the way I asked that made you focus on the headers. My objective is the data from row 25. I just want to make a stack of rows that contain the hit. Please let’s ignore the headers and just give me all rows that have the hit. That’s all.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back