Search Value (Index/Offset/Match) by using combo box

st471438

Hi Everyone</SPAN></SPAN>

I tried to find similar problem and solutions by searching the older posts in forums but I didn’t find anything so I apologize if this is a repeated question but I would really appreciate any answer and help.</SPAN></SPAN>

1) I have a data set updated every week – left hand side it will have City names (Let’s say in Column A) and all right hand columns will include Week 1, Week 2 etc. I am planning to create a simple dashboard type of report that contains combo box of City names and when user selects the city, the numbers from the data set for the last available week displays. I know this can be achieved by using Index/Offset/Match – just not sure how to use the formula as nested formula.</SPAN></SPAN>

My goal is whenever the latest week data is available, I can just simply paste that data in data set which will then display that number as last data set number corresponding to the city has been selected through combo box. </SPAN></SPAN>

2) While creating this – I wish to include two combo box – one to select City name and another to select Week – is it possible? If so can anyone please provide me both formulas ? for my Question 1 and Question 2</SPAN></SPAN>

Thank you so very much in advance.</SPAN></SPAN>

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back