Searchable Drop Down List

Panoos64

Hi to all of you, I would like to create a "searchable drop down list" for my invoice by which when i enter 2,3,4 ....letters in cells, column “C” starting from “C11” and rows down, should appear the items by alphabetical method based on the initial letters which i enter so that to have the option in a shorter list, to select the right one on invoice. Note that the invoice is in Sheet1 and the codes in Sheet2. I present below an extract of the 2 Sheets. I would much appreciate if you could write me the step by step so that to find the solution for my project. Thank you all in advance

Sheet1
1670266292838.png

Sheet2

1670265823029.png

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
If you're willing to use and add-in, try using "Search_deList_v2.1", it's a free Excel add-in, it works on Excel 2007 or later.

Its function is to speed up the search in the data validation list. In any cell that has data validation (with type List) pressing ALT+RIGHT will open a User Form with a combobox. You can type multiple keywords (separated by a space) in the combobox to search items on the list.

By using this add-in, you don't need VBA to have this searchable combobox, so you can save your files as .xlsx.

This new version (updated in 2022-Nov-18) has some additional features, some of them:
  • Several ways to search, like using AND or OR or LIKE operator , with or without keyword order.
  • Sort the list by original order or ascending order.
  • Widen or shorten the combobox width at run time.
  • Insert multiple entries into the cell.

You can find it here (please check post #81 and also post #68 for full description):

Upvote 0
Dear Akuini, thank you for your suggetion to resolve my issue by this way. I will attempted to develop my system using the "Combo Box" and in case that i have any queries i will let you know. Thank you once again for your support. Hv a great day

Upvote 0
You're welcome, glad to help & thanks for the feedback.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back