Searchable Spreadsheet

poolb1

I'm looking for a code for a searchable spreadsheet please help.

I have SS that has a list of names, email, web addy, and skills and I need a way to make all that searchable. This will be used by a lot of other users to search for data in that SS. I know they can use the find tool, but for some reason the guy I'm doing this for has asked for a searchable SS.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
good morning poolb1.

In essence all worksheets are searchable and there is not a lot we can tell you here based on what you have put.

If you have a look at the blue line accross the top of this page you will see a search tab, try inputting something like VLookup in the box and see if you can get any ideas. otherwise you need to post a little bit of the page you want to look through and the results you are looking for and we may be able to help.

Upvote 0
good morning poolb1.

In essence all worksheets are searchable and there is not a lot we can tell you here based on what you have put.

If you have a look at the blue line accross the top of this page you will see a search tab, try inputting something like VLookup in the box and see if you can get any ideas. otherwise you need to post a little bit of the page you want to look through and the results you are looking for and we may be able to help.

Thanks I try that, Really I don't know what I'm doing in VBA and I'm really confused (and if that wasn't appearent), I bought a VBA book bible and I can't make heads or tail from it...LOL Anyway what he want's is a dialog box that will pop up in the SpreadSheet that will search for the data in the Spreadsheet i.e. names, email, ect. I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
poolb1,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

What version of Excel are you using?

You will generally get much more help (and faster) in this forum if you can post your small samples directly in the forum.

Please attach screenshots of your workbook or a sample workbook that accurately portrays your current workbook on one sheet, and what it should look like 'After' on another sheet.

This makes it much easier to see exactly what you want to do, as well as shows us whether there is a consistent number of rows between tables and such.

Here are three possible ways to post small (copyable) screen shots directly in your post:

Please post a screenshot of your sheet(s), what you have and what you expect to achieve, with Excel Jeanie HTML 4 (contains graphic instructions).
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/html/hlp_schnell_en.php

or
RichardSchollar’s beta HTML Maker -...his signature block at the bottom of his post

or
Borders-Copy-Paste

If you are not able to give us screenshots:

To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook (sensitive data scrubbed/removed) that contains an example of your raw data on one worksheet, and on another worksheet your desired results.

The structure and data types of the sample workbook must exactly duplicate the real workbook. Include a clear and explicit explanation of your requirements.

You can upload your workbook to www.box.net and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Upvote 0
poolb1,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

What version of Excel are you using?

You will generally get much more help (and faster) in this forum if you can post your small samples directly in the forum.

Please attach screenshots of your workbook or a sample workbook that accurately portrays your current workbook on one sheet, and what it should look like 'After' on another sheet.

This makes it much easier to see exactly what you want to do, as well as shows us whether there is a consistent number of rows between tables and such.

Here are three possible ways to post small (copyable) screen shots directly in your post:

Please post a screenshot of your sheet(s), what you have and what you expect to achieve, with Excel Jeanie HTML 4 (contains graphic instructions).
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/html/hlp_schnell_en.php

or
RichardSchollar’s beta HTML Maker - see the red text in his signature block at the bottom of his post

or
Borders-Copy-Paste

If you are not able to give us screenshots:

To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook (sensitive data scrubbed/removed) that contains an example of your raw data on one worksheet, and on another worksheet your desired results.

The structure and data types of the sample workbook must exactly duplicate the real workbook. Include a clear and explicit explanation of your requirements.

You can upload your workbook to www.box.net and provide us with a link to your workbook.

OK will do, and I have 2010 version

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back