Searching all tabs

petro62

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I have a tracking sheet for projects. What I have done is built a tab with a template for critical information to enter in project status and results. It is a cleaner worksheet than the man sheet which holds all of the information and from there I pull that to powerbi and also I have to send that master list to corporate owners.

So a project manger will copy an existing tab template, rename the tab with their project name. They will then fill in there info in that tab for their project which also includes a cell for project name.

From there I would like the master sheet to look through all tabs for a matching project name and then fill in all the cells on the master sheet from the project tab.

So on my master list it would go like this:
Type in Project Name into column B. Excel looks through all the tabs and finds a matching project name and then proceeds to pull data from that tab and fill in the master sheet information.

I would prefer this not be a macro, but maybe it is required. I was thinking Vlookup, but I thought that meant I would have to define each tab in that formula. So is there a way to do a vlookup that just searches a specific cell on every tab?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Would this be done with a version of Indirect Vlookup?

Upvote 0
So below I took a screen shot. So the Projects tab on the left is more of a database and it is the sheet I want to pull information into. The test tab you see select on the right would be an example project worksheet. The Test worksheet is where the managers would fill in their project info (each project with its own worksheet). Everything you see on the Test worksheet would be pulled over to the database(Projects)sheet. I am just trying to make a more user friendly sheet for project managers to regularly update their own projects so I don't have to.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
Is there nothing I can do for this? I wish I could have edited the title maybe that is what is driving the low/no interaction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back