Searching just one column of a ListView

jjasmith4

Board Regular
I have a ListView object always set in Report (Details) view, so it's always displayed as a grid. Each item has four subitems, so the grid has five columns.

It seems the FindItem method search just the first column by searching the items, but if you tell it to search subitems, it searches all subitems, i.e., all columns but the first!

Can't FindItem search just one column, say the third column (second subitem)? Really? Are there any versions of ListView later that the one in MSCOMCTL.OCX, which came with VB6, that might have this capability?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Saw this. It's wrong - the Index parameter specifies which row to begin searching, not which column to search. I tried it.
And I agree with that, what I wanted to show you is that it is not possible to search in a column with the finditem method. What you should do is search with a loop in the column that you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back