Secondary axis on a stacked area plot

grubarbarian

Hi,

I'm new to Power BI and I'm trying to create a stacked area plot that comprises several different increments that I want to stack on top of each other through time. Easy enough. However, where I am struggling is that I would like to add a cumulative line plot that sums all of the increments through time on a secondary axis. Ideally I would not convert the stacked area plot to a bar chart as my data set is large and the granularity of the data gets lost when summed up in a bar chart. Please see the plot in excel below that I am trying to replicate. All help is greatly appreciated.
Prod 2.png

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
In my opinion one of PBIs greater weaknesses is trend lines. I do not believe the stacked area chart supports adding anything other than a constant line, so you may be stuck with the age-old trick of stacking two charts on top of each other with the same scale - one of the area chart and one line chart with the measure that calculates your total.

Also, as an aside observation, having a chart with two different axis scales on each side is usually a poor idea for readability reasons.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back