Security Question help please :)

adey

Yes another question about macro security but maybe a little strange?. I'm at the end of my tether here so help would be great.

I have a worksheet on a friends computer that has macros, one day we fired up the spread sheet and instead of choosing to enable macros we chose to dis-able them.

Now I have read about going to the security level and changing it but here's the strange thing when I go

Tool/Macros/Security

the security is disabled (greyed out)?

Does anyone know how I would go about re-enabling the security feature?.

Help from the experts (as clearly the there are many here) would be greatly appreciated I cannot find the answer anywhere.

Regards

Ade

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Is this on your friend's PC at home or work?

If at work, perhaps the installation they do defaults to that setting.

If at home, have they run any code to disable menus or anything like that, since this started happening, or does it only happen on this one workbook?

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay.

This is on a friend’s computer that is at work. The problem he has is that his IT support are council run and it would take months for someone to sort it out. I did not know that certain an administrator could completely disable the security options within excel.

There are no scripts upon boot up. The system is for a building management system for viewing temperatures etc the temps are written directly into the excel cells but in order to do this macros must be enabled. Stupidly we both decided to click the disable macros upon loading the spreadsheet (just the once) and that was enough for the security to be disabled.

I would really like a solution to this and have never heard of the security area being completely greyed out (inaccessible).

Any help would be great.

I have tried the same spreadsheet on another computer and the security area is accessible but not on this particular system?

cheers

Adrian

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back