Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello Excel World.

I have a problem:

I am seeking for a macro, to automatically create charts, that grab data from each worksheets from two workbooks and paste EACH CHART DATA into the 181 worksheet for that particular workbook.

Please read explanation below.

#1. How to automatically detect, the same worksheet names on two different workbooks. Example: Workbook (A) worksheet (United States) and workbook (B) worksheet (United States)" Understanding that.

Workbook (A) have 181 worksheets. (Each worksheet represent a country) And
Workbook (B) have 185 worksheets. (Each worksheet represent a country) Then.

#2 How to create a line and column chart automatically? Placing dates on the X axis and values from both workbooks using their prospective worksheets on both sides of the Y axis, beginning from the zero value.

How can this be done using Macros?

How can this be done automatically, filling each worksheet with a chart, while extracting data from each workbook? "

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
This isn't actually that advanced - all you really need is code to create a chart and code to loop through the worksheets.

Where it might get tricky is how the data is laid out, what data you actually have, where you want the charts to go etc.

Also, the description of what you want to do is a little confusing.

Do you only want code that will go through a single workbook and create a chart on each sheet of that workbook?

Or are there 2 workbooks that you want to work with, perhaps to compare data?

Upvote 0
Thank you Norie for replying.

Norie Quote: "Where it might get tricky is how the data is laid out, what data you actually have".

I am not sure if you are comfortable viewing both workbooks on my google drive.

If so:

#1 In workbook "GDP_Annual_Growth_Rate_%" data is taken from all "countries" worksheets in column "C" (Data) ONLY. Beginning from "Afghanistan" worksheet to "Zimbabwe" worksheet. And
#2 In workbook "Unemployment_Rate" data are taken from all "countries" worksheets in column "B" (Dates) and column "E" (Data) ONLY. Beginning from "Afghanistan" worksheet to "Zimbabwe" worksheet.

Norie Quote: "Where you want the charts to go etc".

Would love the chart paste into "Unemployment_Rate" workbook, in each "country" worksheet.

Norie Quote:" Also, the description of what you want to do is a little confusing".

I have to sets of data:
#1 Country's data in GDP in one workbook. And
#2 Country's data in Unemployment Rate in another workbook.

GDP Workbook have 185 countries worksheets listed and
Unemployment Rate Workbook have 181 countries worksook listed.

Norie Quote: " Do you only want code that will go through a single workbook and create a chart on each sheet of that workbook"?

I'm sorry this is not the one

Norie Quote: "Or are there 2 workbooks that you want to work with, perhaps to compare data"?

Yes. Would love to merge and compare both data in one chart.
Example: "GDP" Workbook in "Afghanistan" worksheet compare with "Unemployment Rate" Workbook in "Afghanistan" worksheet.

Yes. I do. I will love if possible code be place in "Unemployment Rate" Workbook.

I really hope I answered your questions and concerns. Please view the workbooks files below.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi. Norie. I am not sure if my explanation is clear for you to understand. If you are comfortable in pointing me in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back