Seemingly random rows of height 0

user01010101

Hi all,
I've been working on a decently sized spreadsheet (110 columns x 500 rows) with a mix of text and numbers. I have formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc being used throughout the sheet.

My problem is this: I'll be working on the spreadsheet and tend to copy across information to another workbook, and I often find that some of my rows have been reduced to a height of zero. If I click "unhide" the rows will not show themselves, I have to physically change the row height of all of the rows.

This has been causing me real pains where I find that data is "missing" and I create new rows to substitute the data, only to later find out I have duplicates of the same information because the row never really went away, it just wasn't visible to me.

Has anybody experienced this problem? Does anyone know what causes excel to change the height of the rows? And does anybody know how to prevent this from happening (no macros please)?

Thank you very much!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Make sure first the rows have the correct height and all are visible. One way to easily do this is to select the entire worksheet, right click any row number, and click row height and input something like 15.

To avoid any changes, right click in the sheet's name and click "Protect Sheet". Check everything but "Format rows" and that should do it.

Upvote 0
Another thing to check are the Conditional Formatting.
When you do a lot of copies deletes etc. the conditional formatting may not look like you intended.
Does any of your conditional formatting mess around with row height, or wrap text, or merged cells
In Conditional Formatting make sure your looking at the entire worksheet and not just the selected cell
Sometimes its best to visit and clean up

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back