Seems like it should be easy?? How to format the referenced cell in this formula??

Related1

Hi all,

I have this line in a waiver: ="That the total amount of the contract including extras is $ "&D35&" prior to this payment on which he has received payment of $"&F35&" prior to this payment. "

Which produces this: "That the total amount of the contract including extras is $ 91855223 prior to this payment on which he has received payment of $ 2323312.11 prior to this payment"This seems pretty simple but it's not transferring the formatting of the referenced cell.

Could someone help me to get some commas and .00 in there??

Thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
You should use the TEXT function.
="That the total amount of the contract including extras is $ "&TEXT(D35," #,##0.00")&" prior to this payment on which he has received payment of $"&TEXT(F35,"0.00")&" prior to this payment. "

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
="That the total amount of the contract including extras is " & DOLLAR(D35) & ...

Related1

You should use the TEXT function.
="That the total amount of the contract including extras is $ "&TEXT(D35," #,##0.00")&" prior to this payment on which he has received payment of $"&TEXT(F35,"0.00")&" prior to this payment. "
PERFECT!! Thank you so much. It's hard to know what to look for when you can't describe it so I though using what I found was a great solution. Obviously not, yours worked perfectly!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rashford

This Week's Hot Topics