Select a range based on comparing values in one column with a single value in another cell in VBA

dkjonesau

Hi all,

Been tinkering with this for a while. I don't do much coding though I'm learning.

I have a range of cells that looks like this:

Range.png

This is just one scenario. In reality the cells of equal value might be two cells or 10 cells high.

I've got a test in another cell outside the main data table that compares values in K12 & K13 to determine if they are equal - and if they are it places the tied score into "U25". If K12 & K13 are equal, all competitors with the same value in K12 must enter a sudden death elimination event to determine who is in the top 6.

That will result in an additional column of values for each in column L (in this case L10:L15) after that event.

I need to select from Fx:Ly (in the above example F10:L15) after the sudden death elimination so I can do a sort.

I've found a sub routine on another site that I've nutted out and got it to work but it was based on testing for text (FALSE). I need to test for the number in a cell. If I use this routine and put FALSE in "U25" it selects the range I want. I need it to test for the value in U25 instead.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #008f00}p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #011993}p.p4 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; min-height: 13.0px}span.s1 {color: #011993}span.s2 {color: #000000}</style>Sub test()
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim c As Range, rng As Range
'change Sheet1 to suit
With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("TR125 Final")
lastrow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "K").End(xlUp).Row
For Each c In .Range("K1:K" & lastrow)
If UCase(c.Text) = "FALSE" Then
If rng Is Nothing Then
Set rng = .Range("F" & c.Row).Resize(, 7)
Else
Set rng = Union(rng, .Range("F" & c.Row).Resize(, 7))
End If
End If
Next c
End With

If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.Select
End Sub

What do I change the line If UCase... etc in red above to, so that it tests for a value in a cell? eg. U25 where I'm currently putting the value.

Thanks,

Dave

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back