Select Case (click_event)?

kayakkid

Happy Hollidays!!

here is my code:
<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> findcolumn <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> prev <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> rng <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> LC <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> FC <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>

<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Const</SPAN> R = 16
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> rng = Rows(R)

FC = 1
LC = Columns.Count
findcolumn = Int(Columns.Count / 2)

<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Do</SPAN>
  prev = findcolumn
  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Cells(R, prev).Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle <> xlContinuous <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'to much to the right</SPAN>
  LC = findcolumn
  findcolumn = Int((findcolumn + FC) / 2)
  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'to much to the left</SPAN>
  FC = findcolumn
  findcolumn = Int((LC + findcolumn) / 2)
  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN>
  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Loop</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">While</SPAN> prev <> findcolumn
Cells(R, findcolumn + 1).Select
Range("ButtEnd").Copy ActiveCell
End <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

This code was written by Eric Van Geit. (THANK YOU ERIC!!)

Basically what it does is finds the last cell with no border in row 16 (The Const R) and pastes the selected range there. My question is this:

My current project has about 20 different sections where this code will be used, each section having a different row (Const R). Each section will have a different button that will call the procedure. Is there a way to change the Const R to a given row depending on which button was clicked? For example, could I set it so that if ButtonA_Click event occurs that the Const R value is now set to 24?

My hope is that there is an easy way to get this done, and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your undying efforts to help the helpless.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi

One way would be to give the code an argument which is filled by the calling code.

The code above doesn't have a name but assume that it is called Main(). Add an argument so it is and comment out the line
const r = 16

sub Main(R)
'const R = 16
end sub

now your buttonA_Click event would be along the lines of

sub ButtonA_Click()
call Main(24)
end sub

HTH

Tony

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back