Select Multiple Cell Ranges using Names???

norts55

Board Regular
Wow, I just discovered the Name Manager. It is awesome but it seems like it is limited to selecting only one name (range) at a time. Is there a way to select multiple names (ranges) at one time?

If not…

Is there a way to paste the list of names in say column B on any work sheet and then when you would select a cell from column B that had a name in it, that cell would actually select the range the name refers to? Then you could hold down the Ctrl key and select multiple names (ranges)?

Note: all my ranges that my names refer to are rectangular…if that means anything to anyone. :)

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
You can select multiple ranges, just hold down CTRL when you select them from the Name box to the left of the formula bar.

Upvote 0
Ah, thank you, that helps. I did not know that was possible. However, it seems it still take a couple more mouse clicks to hit the arrow on the right side of the name list and then scroll down to the name I want. Is there any easier way to select multiple names? ...Just trying to do my selections with as few clicks as possible.

Upvote 0
A couple of more mouse clicks than what?

Upvote 0
Sorry, I didn’t describe that very well. It’s a couple of more mouse clicks to select each time than if I had the names listed in a column like how I described after the "If not..." in my original question.
I guess I am looking for a way to see the list of names, whether it be in a dialog box or in a column of a worksheet, and just hold down control and start selecting what names (ranges) I want.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't you need to select the names in the list which could affect selecting the ranges named in the list?

Oh and you'd need code.

Upvote 0
Hopefully this doesn’t confuse things…

Another thought I have is, it is like I want a column of cells that contain hyperlinks to the ranges (names) and be able to select more than one of those cells. But, I don’t think you can select multiple hyperlinks, can you?

Upvote 0
If they are in cells you can select as many or as few as you want.

What do you want to do with the selected hyperlinks?

Upvote 0
I just really want to thank you for responding and trying to help me out.

I am not finding that I can select as many hyperlinks as I want. When I select one it jumps to the hyperlinked range of cells and then when I select another I lose the original selection and select the range of the second hyperlink. I want to copy multiple ranges then paste these on another sheet in the same workbook.

Upvote 0
Use the keyboard to select, not the mouse.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back