Selecting a cell in a filtered range

brianfosterblack

I need help in selecting a cell in a filtered range.
I have a workbook I use for competitions where entrants are put into squads of 2 to 5 people and each squad is numbered. so if I get a scoresheet which has the scores for squad 5 I run my macro where I use an input box to enter the squad number 5 into cell X1.
column B has a heading in Cell B2 and then from B3 to B203 it has the squad number of each entrant.
My macro then uses autofilter to filter out the 2 to 5 entrants in squad 5 by referencing the squad number selected in cell X1
I enter the score in column J (Scores can be entered from column J to M ) and then use a quick key I have created to move 18 cells to the right, in the same row, to enter a comment on that score. I then use a quick key to move back 18 cells to the score again (quick key is Ctrl+Shift + S). Then I use my mouse to click on the next filtered row in the same column to enter my next score.
This is where I am looking for help. My quick key to move back the 18 cells I would like to change to also select the next filtered row, so I can cut out the step of having to use the mouse to select this Row to enter the score.. Can someone advise how to do this.
I must just mention that the scores are not always entered strictly in order of columns J to M. the first scoresheet I get might go into column K so I have to select the column for the score with my mouse, but all 2 to 4 scores for the rest of the contestants will go into the same column as the first score.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I'm not clear on all your steps but if you merely want to select the next cell down from the active cell in the filtered data :
VBA Code:
Dim cel As Range: Set cel = ActiveCell
Do
    Set cel = cel(2)
Loop While cel.EntireRow.Hidden = True
cel.Select

Upvote 0
Solution
I'm not clear on all your steps but if you merely want to select the next cell down from the active cell in the filtered data :
VBA Code:
Dim cel As Range: Set cel = ActiveCell
Do
    Set cel = cel(2)
Loop While cel.EntireRow.Hidden = True
cel.Select
Hi footoo, that is exactly what I wanted to do and this works perfectly. Thank you for the help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back