Selecting and removing rows in Power Query Editor

jamiemarie

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have just started learning Power Query this week, and I'm not really great with Excel as it is, so I apologize if this has a super easy answer that I am looking over. I may not be searching the correct terms on google as I can't find an answer there.

After I get my data and have it in the Power Query Editor, I can't find a way to just go through and select rows to remove. I was able to do this easily with columns. I have tried to use the alternate rows, but since it's a pattern I can't get it to just remove a few rows. Can someone please explain what I need to do to be able to remove random rows as I go through the data and see I don't need them.

Thank you.
Jamie

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Thank you for the reply Sandy. I now realize I should have said this in my original post, but there really isn't a pattern or a specific piece of data that needs to be removed. It's literally my boss sitting beside me telling me "We don't need that one." "You can take that one off" ect. as we go through the sheet. I was hoping there was an easy way like in excel where I would just right click and delete row. I think my best bet is going to be getting everything else edited and then delete the rows when I'm back in excel. I just wish he understood that instead of acting like I'm incompetent because I don't immediately know how to do everything! (Sorry that ended a little ranty.)

I do appreciate your help!

Upvote 0
It's literally my boss sitting beside me telling me "We don't need that one." "You can take that one off" ect. as we go through the sheet.
ROTFL ! :biggrin:
you selecting these rows in PQE? why not in source table?
anyway you can add (in PQE) blank column then use replace blank to eg: x then filter by x, after that remove this column
add in
btw.
1. the boss is always right
2. If the boss is wrong, see point 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ops, my mistake
add index column then replace number with 0 in row to remove, filter by 0 then delete index

example.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ROTFL ! :biggrin:
you selecting these rows in PQE? why not in source table?

I'm really not sure what all can be done and what should be done where. This is all new to me. I taught myself excel at my last job, but I know there's so much I don't know and things I should be doing a different way. I saw where some books were recommended in another post, so I'm going to get those and find some videos to watch on the weekends to try and get better! I think for now, I'll try your X method, he should like that, he may even want to press it himself!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back