Selecting multiple worksheets

Delton

Board Regular
Hello,

I am searching for a code to select multiple worksheets. The worksheet selection is from the fourth sheet in the workbook, named “SUMMARY”, to the last sheet in the workbook. The last sheet and its name will continually change, and the number of sheets will vary as well.

The constant is the “Summary” sheet name and its position, and the need to range from this Summary sheet to the end sheet whatever it may be named. All sheets in the selection are adjacent.

I would like to use this procedure to edit data in the selected identical sheets as well as to select them, in another separate routine, for printing them all. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thank you.

Delton

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
You can probably use something like this for the first part:

<font face=Tahoma><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> DoSomething()
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> ws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> ws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> ws.Name <> "Summary" <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
                ws.Activate
                <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Do stuff here</SPAN>
                <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Note that it's not always necessary to activate the sheet</SPAN>
                <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   to do stuff</SPAN>
            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> ws
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

As for the second part, see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip48.htm

HTH,

Smitty

Upvote 0
Hi,

I see Smitty has already gotten you an excellent solution. (Hiya Smitty!!) Just wanted to make a note about the worksheet (ws) iteration and referring to that object. You don't need ..
Code:
ws.Activate
.. as you are referring to the object (ws) already. You just need to preceed each sheet specific object with the "ws.". So if you were referring to Range("A1"), you'd need ..
Code:
ws.Range("A1").Value = "my value"
Or, if you wanted to use a With statement, you could use ..
Code:
With ws
    .Range("A1").Value = "my value"
    .Range("A2").Value = Format(Date, "mmmm yyyy")
End With
Using this type of method, you just need to remember to preceed the range object with the period ( . ) character as it refers to the object in the With statement.

Sorry to intrude, not trying to hijack the thread. Just fyi, fwiw.

Upvote 0
Thanks Smitty.

I was a little unclear in the information I provided, as usual. Your solution of course works fine, but what I nelected to clarify was that the first three sheets are not to be included. The <> of course then only excludes the Summary sheet. The first four constant sheets are Help, Index, CoverSheet, and Summary. I would like to exclude the first three from the range.

I have a place for the code you gave though, so your time and effort served me well in spite of my apparent error in clarity and is appreciated.

Delton

Upvote 0
Heya Zack, no worries. I used that method because without the second "ws", I've had it bomb on some PC's. (Not a clue as to why though...)

Smitty

(Sup Todd!)

Upvote 0
Another option would be something like ...

Code:
Dim i As Long
For i = 4 To Sheets.Count
    Sheets(i). ...
Next i

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back