Selective columns in pivot tables

Fanta0575

Quite new to excel pivot tables, I am compiling a simple data entry pivot table. Basically I got suppliers in my rows column, dates for my columns and 3 table values. VALUE ARE AS FOLLOWS an invoice total, nett invoice amount and vat paid. Is there a way that I can only display the vat paid and nett invoice amount in the summary totals column without having to see them populate for each date grouping in the table

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You can Collapse the field.
You can Remove the Date from the Pivot Table. You can retain a Date Filter by Adding a Date Slicer while not having the Date in the Pivot Table.

Upvote 0
Is there a way of not having to manually collapse fields every time you generate a new filter for a date range

Upvote 0
You can Collapse the field.
You can Remove the Date from the Pivot Table. You can retain a Date Filter by Adding a Date Slicer while not having the Date in the Pivot Table.
I've tried the date filter, gives me my quarter choices that I like but it adds quarters up from different years e.g if I choose qtr1 and my data set is over 3 yrs say 2018 to 2020 it will sum every qtr eg qtr 1 2018 qtr 1 2019 qtr 1 2020 into one sum. I would want them each as a unique quarter instead!

Upvote 0
I've tried the date filter, gives me my quarter choices that I like but it adds quarters up from different years e.g if I choose qtr1 and my data set is over 3 yrs say 2018 to 2020 it will sum every qtr eg qtr 1 2018 qtr 1 2019 qtr 1 2020 into one sum. I would want them each as a unique quarter instead!
Use the option, NO SUBTOTALS

Upvote 0
Thanks spiller, i've got around it by using slicers, I've combined a yearly slicer with a quarterly slicer, this gives me my unique quarter now!

Upvote 0
So you didn't have the YEAR in the Table as a Row or Column element?
Even when I use Slicers, I prefer to show all the fields that make up the Context of the values.

Capture.PNG

Upvote 0
Where you have your quarters I have my suppliers so my pivot table looks slightly different
So you didn't have the YEAR in the Table as a Row or Column element?
Even when I use Slicers, I prefer to show all the fields that make up the Context of the values.

View attachment 335
Screenshot_20191121-095755_Office.jpg

My first column has the suppliers names this is why I have compiled it with combined year and quarter s slicers

Upvote 0
The only small thing I might suggest is to use the Tabular style of Pivot Table.

Pivot Tables are just the beginning to reporting and analyzing Excel data with ease.

Upvote 0
Yes by creating pivot tables and exploring the possibilities with them I can see the possibilty for an exponential difference in studying data in a very dynamic way!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back