Selective Printing

whjmhm

Hi,
I am looking to have only certain rows print based on the user entering a value in a cell in that row.

From rows of items, the user can enter a quantity and a # of days of use for a particular row, and a simple formula tabs the total.

I would like to only have rows that were manipulated print out. It's a long list, and I don't need 6 sheets printing for 4 rows of info.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Hi whjmhm:

Welcome to the Board!

It would help to see the type of data you have on your worksheet. However, it appears we have two choices:

1. Hide the rows you don't want to print -- this one I don't belive is acceptable

2. We can use AutoFilter or Advanced Filter to extract the rows that are of interest to us, and then print those out.

Please post back if it works for you ... otherwise explain a little further and let us take it from there.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0
I searched the archive and came up with some similar requests, so I based a macro on the example given.

I needed a button programmed to run a macro that would autofilter for nonblank rows on a 700 row order form. I wanted to only print the lines that had quantities.

Now, I'd like to have a button that will email the summarized file to me. I know I can go File, Send To, but I'd like to put it all in a macro so it's easy for the client.

Thanks for you reply!

W

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
almerpogi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back