Self Certificate Problems

Dubbledex

I have noticed a few old posts on this, but thought I should start a new one.

I have created an excel workbook that uses macros (still not working, but that is another issue!).

I made a self certificate, and distributed it among my colleagues.

Those on XP were able to accept the certificate, and it held that certificate, so every time they use it, no problems.

However 2 of my colleagues (one who is running Vista - pah! and one who is running Windows 7) have issues. They can accept the certificates, buit it does not hold, the only way they can run my macros without having to accept it every time is to enable all macros - obviously a bit of a dodgy thing to have to do.

Is it a windows 7 security thing that it will only work with a digitally verified signature??

Any comments appreciated :eek:)

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I am interpreting your post as saying that you created the certificate in XP and distributed the same one to your colleagues - including those using Vista & Windows 7.
Have you trying creating the certificate individually on the Vista & Windows 7 machines?
I have done that (for Outlook) on a Windows 7 machine and have not had a problem.

Upvote 0
The way we all share the file is through a shared drive on the pc. So everyone accesses the template. ideally I only want to create a certificate once.. can I make multiple certificates?

Upvote 0
Hi Derek,

I used this initially to do my certs, so not really anything there that can help (as far as I could see!). I am just going use one of the windows 7 machines to create the certificate ,and hope that will work with all versions of M/S OS.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back