self generated .csv file not importing correctly in e

MSRudy

Hi everyone,

For a billing i need to import .csv files in a pretty old billing system. Its so old i cant get support on it.
This works fine when i use the .csv files i receive from our partner, who provides service A.

However, another partner who provides service B sends us a file in a completely different style that wont be accepted by the billing system.
After some help on the forum here i created some code that converts their file to a file that looks identical to that of partner A.

Now i can upload the file on the billing system, but when i try to generate a report based on the file i made i get a blank excel sheet. When i generate a report from the ready to go file from partner A i get a report without any issues.

When i look at both files in Notepad ++ they look identical. (I changed numbers and e-mail adresses for privacy)

Original file i receive from partner:

2h5loah.png

File i made using some VBA code to convert things:

2w22afb.png

Anyone know how it could be that one is working, and the other identical working one is not?

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Couldn't tell you; I would need to see the code that handles the import of the .csv file.

From the information you've provided, my only suggestion is what appears to be phone number. In the original file, there is just a "0" for the phone number field. In your example, you've got a leading "+". Perhaps whatever code that handles the import, doesn't know what to do with the "+" symbol? Try removing it and see what happens.

Other than that, I don't know mate, you're going to have to be a little more specific.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back