Self learn Excel VBA

nethergate

Hi Guys,

I am an Accountant and uses excel for my day to day work.

I am interested in bringing my knowledge of excel to another level by learning about excel VBA. I believe that one day it would come in handy for my work.

Appreciate if you guys can share your experience as to any good books or websites or methods to go about learning excel VBA? I am currently trying to read the book "Excel VBA Programming for Dummies" but I find it rather hard to absorb.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Nethergate,

I started my VBA learning on the same book. There is a lot to absorb: I suggest you hang in there with it. The book does a lot on the basics and you need to get the basics right for any code to work properly.

Try adapting some of the snippets of code in the book to something that is meaningful to you. I found the only way to learn VBA, is to do VBA. It can be incredibly frustrating at the start. Studying some of the code on this site certainly helps. Ask questions.

VBA is something that can take months/years to get across. Most programmers would say there is always something new to learn.

cheers,

FarmerScott

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamz high

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back