Send a report by email for reciepents on report.

stafire_18

Board Regular
Is it possible to have a code to send a report by email through access that only has whoever is listed on it? for example i know how to have one sent to multiple members through access, no problem. but is there a way to only send it to those individuals that are on the report? i don't want to send it to everyone if their not on the report. it's actually going to managers so i will only need it to go to the manager that is on the report 8 total but if there is only 1 manager appearing on the report then it should only go to that 1 manager.

possible????

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Yes, it is possible. I would suggest using a query to determine which managers will be on the report before running the report. Then, the report can be emailed to whoever is in the query that shows who will be on the report.

Upvote 0
how will it only send to those that are listed on the report? if i put the query together how will it determin only to send it to what ever manager is listed on the report? for example :

managers

john wallace
robert robertson
jenny craig
michael Jordan

say on monday each supervisor has errors. the report should go to all them, but on tuesday only robert robertson, jenny craig appear to have errors, then the report should only be sent those two. theres not determination on the day the manager will be on the report which is why i don't want to specify in a querie like" john wallace"or"robert robertson"or"jenny craig"or"michael Jordan"

does this make sence?

Upvote 0
You need to ask yourself, "How does the report know who to print on the report?" If the report only lists those managers with errors, then there is some method to determine who has errors. Whatever that method is to determine who has errors needs to be used in the query to allow you to know just before the repot prints as to who has errors.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
I have no idea how your report desides which managers have errors today. So, if you can provide copies of your code that produces the report, such as the SQL of the query that is the report's Record Source, that would be a good place to start.

But, we also need to know if there is any VBA code associated with this report. And if there is any VBA code, we will need to see it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back