Send E-mail & Comment based on Cell Value

BluOx

Hello,

Awhile back one of your users (Chris Mack I believe) was super patient with me and my limited VBA skills and helped me develop some macros for a to add/remove lines to track some paint emissions limits. That portion is working great but I've found a need to add another 'feature' because people aren't checking the totals page like they should. So here I am again....

I have a totals tab called Yearly VOC Totals, it has a total field for all 12 months (Cells L48-L59) and a yearly total located at L44. What I would like to have happen is when the totals get to >= 75%, >= 95% or >= 100% (I could also use a number range which is how it's set now) of the limit (there are also cells with the current % in M48-M49 & M44) a specific e-mail is sent to specific individuals (every month it will be the same people) with the current % and the month that went over. Additionally I would like a comment added to the cell stating the date the e-mail was sent and prevent another e-mail from being sent until it reaches the next threshold. Ideally this would all be done when the spreadsheet is closed (something I actually figured out how to do! :LOL:) and the user won't have to click send (it would be even better if I could spoof a from address but that's a nicety not necessity). Below you'll find the code I have so far, it's by no means complete as I've been trying to patch together what little VBA knowledge I have and the vast internet options.

I certainly appreciate any help or better options to accomplish this. :)

*Note: I'm aware that I have it set to .display instead of .send I did that so I don't spam myself with e-mails during testing. I also haven't created the code for 95%, 100% as I would rather only have one location to change recipients if that's possible.

Code:
Sub January_Status_75()
        Dim c As Comment
        ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(Array("Yearly VOC Totals")).Select
            Range("L48").Select
            If Cel.Value >= 1249.5 And Cel.Value <= 1582.69 Then GoTo send_January_75
            If Cel.Value >= 1582.7 And Cel.Value <= 1599.99 Then GoTo send_January_95
            If Cel.Value >= 1666 Then GoTo send_January_100
        End If
    End Sub
     Sub send_January_75(numdays As Variant, eaddress As String)
        Dim O, m
        Set O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
        Set m = O.CreateItem(0)
        With m
            .To = ""
            .CC = ""
            .BCC = ""
            .Subject = "VOC Emissions Status"
            .Body = "You are at or have exceeded 75% of the EPA monthly emissions limit for January."
            .display 'or use .Display
        End With
        Set m = Nothing
        Set O = Nothing
    End Sub

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back