Sending a PM

I notice it seems to be linked with the number of posts someone has made. With something like in between 1-7 posts the 'Start Conversation' button does not appear when mousing over their name, nor can you then start a new conversation through the envelop icon. When trying to do that you can enter the name, which gets accepted, but then when sending the message you get an 'Oops something went wrong' message.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, until they have a certain number of legitimate posts, new forum members have no 'Conversation' (old PM) ability. As Mark suggested, this is an anti-spam measure.

Can you confirm that you mean that you can start conversations with some people but not with others?

If so, could you provide the user name of a member that you were unable to start a conversation with so we can check the situation?
Also, what are the symptoms? That is, you cannot enter their name in the Recipients box? or nothing happens when you click 'Start conversation' or you get an error message? etc
If you wish, you could provide that in a conversation with me as you have previously been able to start one with me. :)
I do not see "start conversation" when I click on your user icon or name.
Clipboard01.jpg

Read what Peter said in post#12 ;)

Read what Peter said in post#12 ;)
I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see there was a second page. I clicked on 'Reply" and typed up my response and clicked on "Post Reply" and then was taken to the second page to see my post. That's when I saw Peter's post #12. Doh! I swear I've been using the internet for more than a day! I promise!

It's very easily done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back