Sending Charts in Body of Email from Access

MCTampa

Board Regular
I have a database from which I have created four graphs in a form and would like to either embed the form in its entirety or the individual charts in the body of an email.
I had been downloading the data to Excel and pasting the graphs into the body of an email, but I would like to make the process more efficient and send directly from Access.
I do have a few databases from which I email reports as attachments, but for this project, I want to send the graphs directly in the email body.

I have absolutely zero idea how to do this, but know that the DoCmd.SendObject method will not work.
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
My experience with Access charts was to send them as a report, and reports are much more conducive to emailing IMO. Forms are not for printing or sending. Regardless, my experience with Access charts makes me think I'd rather rub sand in my eyes than deal with them. Perhaps things have changed since then but I doubt I'll ever know.

Upvote 0
While I agree with you, I'm trying to make this a one-stop shop for the data and charts so I can turn it over to an associate to run.

Upvote 0
Was going to write that I don't see how you can send a chart in an email body unless it is an image. However, I do see that in Outlook 2016 you can insert a Microsoft Graph object into an email. If Access is using the MS graph object that might be a way to do it, but to do so from Access would require the use of Automation with Outlook. IIRC, the issue of not having Snapshot viewer is no longer, and if that is the case, I might be asking those who want an embedded graph in an email why they can't just click on an attached report to look at the graph - if they ranked higher than me. If not, I'd probably tell them that unless they get approval for a 'project' for me to take the time to learn some other method, that's life and deal with it. My problem was always that while I was developing databases, I was always expected to do my regular job as well, so I didn't always have the luxury of delving deep into complicated design concepts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back