Sending data from one table to another

brutusmc99

Board Regular
Let's say I have a list of 100 items, each with a specific ID number. So column A is the item, column B is the ID.

I then have ten separate tables (on individual sheets preferably) for ten different users. On each of these sheets is the same column A and column B. I have it set up so that the user inputs the ID number of the item in column B, and the item name appears automatically in column A (a basic lookup function).

What I want to do is, on the first table with 100 items, have a third column C that lists the name of the user who chose the particular item on one of the ten individual sheets. So, next to the item it would show who has that item. If that is impossible or very difficult, would it be simpler to just show the availability of the item, assuming that each item can only be chosen once?

I hope this isn't too confusing:) Thanks.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KT50

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...