Sending E-mail reminder if cells in the workbook are not updated at 3 time intervals

blogz101

Hello,

I am new in vba scripting. I do not how to achieve this task using vba in excel.
My problem is that I have 3 personnel at that will change at each shift to cover a 24 hr period from Monday at 1AM to Friday at 10pm. The personnel changes shift every 7 hrs. Once during a working day, atleast one of the personnel has to fill in a worksheet with date and their initials for checking inventory. I was wondering if its possible to automatically send an email if the check has not been done at 3 intervals. For instance personnel 1 did the morning shift and filled in the excel sheet, then there will be no email. However, if morning personnel 1 missed filling out the tracker, then en email is sent to all 3 personnel that the check was missed. the same thing will happen if personnel 2 in the afternoon missed the check, then all 3 personnel will receive an email saying its still not checked. This has to been daily. I was also wondering how can this task be automated without having the excel workbook run for 24hrs?

Thank you so much

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back