Sending monthly donor totals to year end sheet trouble

christinejoy4music

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am an intermediate excel user. I have created a donor spreadsheet for each month of the year. I am wanting to create a year end spreadsheet of these donations.
My monthly spreadsheets consist of First name, Last name, Initial donation, three Columns for extra donations and then the monthly total (using autoSUM).
In the year end spread sheet the first two columns are the first name and last name. then the top row is the months of the year( Monthly totals) ending with the year end total( using autoSUM).

What method would I use to send the monthly totals from the individual monthly spreadsheets to the appropriate columns in the year end spreadsheet? I have tried using =, but that is extremely time consuming. My biggest issue is that the donors are different from month to month. Some are new, and some have stopped donating.

I would love a macro that I can apply. I don't see that being possible as the donors change month to month.

Attachments

• Excel workbook.png
    Excel workbook.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 7
  • excel spreadsheet monthly.png
    excel spreadsheet monthly.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Carefully look at how I named my sheets. January is the sheet name and January in the top row in the yearly worksheet: That's the important part to pull data from that sheet.

CTRL SHIFT ENTER WHILE ENTERING THE FORMULA
Drag this formula across the year end worksheet
C2:

=INDEX(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,COUNTA(INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!"&"1:1")),4,1,C$1)&":"&ADDRESS(COUNTA(INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!"&"A:A")),COUNTA(INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!"&"1:1")),4,1)),MATCH($A2&$B2,INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,1,4,1,C$1)&":"&ADDRESS(COUNTA(INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!"&"A:A")),1,4,1))&INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,2,4,1,C$1)&":"&ADDRESS(COUNTA(INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!"&"A:A")),2,4,1)),0))

Attachments

• howtosavethesheets.PNG
    howtosavethesheets.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 6
  • Finalproduct.PNG
    Finalproduct.PNG
    65.5 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back