Sending text messages from multiple cells

ADRIAN LANCS

Before posting I did a forum search for this topic but nothing popped up so apologies in advance if this has been done to death previously. We have a planning spreadsheet for daily manpower resource and would like to text each employee their job/location daily and my question is what is the best plug in to use for this (or other method)? The worksheet enables us to plan months in advance and pre-populate holidays/training/etc and is displayed on a 120" interactive whiteboard along with other project specifics. A very simplified list is pictured below but this is the sort of info that would need sending and not just a generic message to multiple contacts. Any help appreciated.

List.jpg

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
You can send SMS messages from email. The address depends on your mobile carrier.

For example, in the US
ATT: phonenumber@txt.att.net
T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

where phonenumber = your 10 digit phone number

Here's an extensive list of carriers in many countries, I'm not sure how accurate it is:
List of Email to SMS Gateways | Martin Fitzpatrick

How you send an email in VBA depends on what program you're using to send emails; Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc. I know you can find a lot of code on sending emails from VBA if you Google it.

You would have to have a list of what system your Employees are on and what number they have, but otherwise, it seems doable.

Upvote 0
Thanks Bill. We are in the UK and using Office 365. I have seen various Excel Plug ins to assist in this process but unsure how flexible they may be as it is not a single generic message I need to send. I can concatenate multiple cells but they need to link to the relevant recipient of which there are currently around 40.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back