separate values from 1 cell to 2

CarlBradlin

I've searched for the answer here and have come to the conclusion that I do not know the correct terminology to aptly search my question. Uploaded here is a sheet that shows our product line, UPC codes, description, etc. In row 2, 3, 4 I've edited to the correct format that I need the rest of the sheet to follow. The "Style" column should look like "D5-0007 or D5-0018W or D5-8321" etc. The "Color" column can be any number of digits or letters, though typically it will look like "04 or 85 or 8593 or 93sy or 53bdm" etc. Is there a macro that can do this tedious work instead of individually editing all 10k plus rows?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
confused, you want to extract the values before the hyphen? D5-0018W you want just the D5?

Upvote 0
confused, you want to extract the values before the hyphen? D5-0018W you want just the D5?

Sorry, the first space (between D5 and the next set of numbers) needs to be turned into a hyphen, thus equaling D5-0018W or D5-3952, etc. That sequence of numbers is a style number. The following numbers or letters after the style are the color designation. The style and color need to be in separate cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back