seperating a string of text, delimited by commas

Zvika

Hi Guys,

First I would like to say this forum is great, I am only sorry I didn't find it before :)

My question is:
I need to be able to export data from a web application. What happens when I export a string of text, is that it is all consolidated into one cell.. I get something like this, in one cell:

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 48pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="64"><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"><tr style="height: 15.75pt;" height="21"> <td class="xl63" style="height: 15.75pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="21">"25/01/10","16:40","4.95","1202","242.83","553","725","46.01","35","2.91","40","17","2","19","1.58","0","0","0","0","0"</td> </tr></table>
As you can see, the data is comma delimited, it was not transformed to a table format, where each value appears in a different cell.

can anybody help me?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Highlight the column, and select Text to Columns from the Data menu. Then you can select the delimited option, and choose the comma delimiter. Then continue through (you can set the format of each field) and click Finish.

This will separate each item into separate columns.

Upvote 0
Highlight the column, and select Text to Columns from the Data menu. Then you can select the delimited option, and choose the comma delimiter. Then continue through (you can set the format of each field) and click Finish.

This will separate each item into separate columns.

Thank you very much!
It works :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back