seriously need help with counting macro and command buttons

klabercrombie

Tracking output quality of two-step process performed on various items. On one worksheet have created command buttons for

1. Employee Name for 1st step of process
2. Employee Name for 2nd step of process
3. Item type process is performed on
4. Quality of item with corresponding reason if "bad" (some reasons are specific to either employee 1 or 2 and some are attributed back to both employees)

So quality inspection person goes into the spreadsheet, clicks employee 1 name, then clicks employee 2 name, then clicks the item type, and finally clicks the quality of that item. When quality inspection person clicks quality then three things need to happen:

1. Confirmation of quality submission each time a quality button is clicked (envisioning a pop up that says "successful" or maybe a bell sound...anything really so that they know it was accepted)
2. If it's "good" or "bad" then it needs to be attributed back to either employee 1 or employee 2 depending on the reason, and a total count of good & bad for each employee (on a separate worksheet)
3. Total quality count per item type for both "good" and "bad" (on a separate worksheet)

Seems simple enough but I've been working on trying to write a macro with this logic and am having lots of problems. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Kristen

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Despite best efforts I don't have a clue what you're trying to achieve. Can you maybe post some sort of visual example?

Upvote 0
Sure, here's a scenario. We engrave glass. One employee hand applies a design onto the side of a glass. Then, a second employee etches the design into the glass. The form I'm trying to create is to determine the quality of all the glasses at the end of each day and hold employees accountable for the quality of their work. So a quality inspection person will look at a finished glass and determine whether or not it is "good" or "bad". And, if it is "bad", then why. Was it something that the first employee did in applying the design or that the second employee did in etching the design? I would like a total count of the quality of the finished glasses. But to just count the "good" and "bad" glasses does not help in determining where the process is breaking down. So when a glass is deemed to be "bad" then it also has a reason assigned to why it is not acceptable. And that reason is attributed back to either one or both employees involved in finishing the glass. So, in Excel I've created command buttons for the selection of employee #1, then employee #2, then the type of glass being inspected, and finally, the quality of that finished glass. And the problem I'm having is with writing the logic for the function of the buttons when clicked. Visually speaking:

STEP ONE: quality inspection person clicks a command button
Employee #1: multiple command buttons here each labeled with an employee name

STEP TWO: quality inspection person clicks a command button
Employee #2: multiple command buttons here each labeled with an employee name

STEP THREE: quality inspection person clicks a command button to specify what kind of glass was engraved
Glass Type: approximately twenty command buttons here each labeled with a glass type

STEP FOUR: quality inspection person clicks the "good" or "bad, reason" command button. this is where the button needs to count the number of good and bad glasses per glass type, as well as count the good and bad glasses attributed to each employee individually
Quality of Glass: one command button labeled "Good" and about seven command buttons each labeled as "bad" with a qualifying reason

Upvote 0
Update on my progress:

I've created a worksheet for each Employee (20 different employee names). Within this sheet, is a column for each of 27 types of glasses and a row for the finished quality of an engraved glass. So, effectively, cell B2 on each employee sheet would be for the total number of Good (quality) Pint Glasses (type of glass).

I've created a worksheet for each Glass Type (27 different types). Within this sheet, is a column for each of the possible outcomes of a finished glass: "Good", "Bad, crooked", "Bad, etched incorrectly", etc.

The main worksheet is a form that contains all of the Command Buttons. So when a user clicks on "Joe" as the employee responsible for masking, then clicks on "Dave" as the employee responsible for etching, then clicks on "Pint Glass" as the type of glass, and finally clicks on "Good" as the quality of the glass the following should happen:

A pop-up box should appear saying something like "submitted successfully". I CANNOT GET THIS WORK FOR ANYTHING!!
A value of 1 should populate in cell B2 on both Joe's worksheet and on Dave's worksheet indicating this glass was Good for both of them.
A value of 1 should populate in cell A2 on the Pint Glasses worksheet indicating this finished pint glass was good.

Each time a new glass is evaluated, the count of glasses on the employee's worksheet and the glass type worksheet should go up incrementally until I clear it out. I've been able to get the count to appear on one worksheet but not multiple sheets. Please help....so frustrated!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back