Set print area based on Column width

beamed24

Hello all,

I have a double whammy here. I searched for an answer but seem to find answers regarding rows that are changing, not columns.

My 1st issue is this:
I have a document with a bunch of summaries that are filled out by different users on a single worksheet. Each summary can be a different width based on information required. I need to print these documents as PDF's on separate sheets. The way it prints with page breaks, it has the column width of the largest summary, regardless how many columns are on the specific printed page. Is there way to set a print area so that it looks at each specified print area (I set print area to match the needed areas), and prints the column width that is specified? (since I am new, i don't think i can attach). I am at work and am not able to load a picture to a url site either.

My 2nd issue is this:
When I filter, it prints blank pages for items that were not used in the filter. I feel this should be easy, but I am missing something.

I will try and load an image from my personal computer as soon as I can.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back