Setting Desired Options?

g_b

Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am having difficulty with excel 2007. In the excel options, I click a checkmark for vertical and horizontal scroll bars. No scroll bars appear. I'd like to be able to set the scroll bars as well as the scroll buttons at top,bottom, left and right PERMANTLY, not "just for this workbook."

Additionally, I do NOT see any workbook sheet names. I've looked over the screen and in the options to determine how to make the names appear to no avail.

How do I set options or preferences to get scroll bars, their associated buttons, and be able to select workbook sheets?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi there

To permanently set the scroll bars and buttons in Excel 2007, you can follow these steps:

1. Click the Office button in the top left corner of the Excel window.
  2. Click on the Excel Options button located at the bottom right of the popup window.
  3. In the Excel Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab.
  4. Scroll down to the Display options for this workbook section and make sure the Show horizontal scroll bar and Show vertical scroll bar options are checked.
  5. Under the Display options for this workbook section, you will also find an option for Show sheet tabs. Make sure that is checked as well.
  6. Click on the OK button to apply the changes.
If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting Excel's settings to the default. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Close Excel.
  2. Click the Start button and type "Run" in the search box.
  3. In the Run dialog box, type "excel.exe /resetuserdata" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
  4. Excel will start up with its default settings. Try checking the options for the scroll bars and sheet tabs again.
If you still don't see the scroll bars or sheet tabs after trying the above steps, it may be a problem with your installation of Excel. You may need to repair or reinstall Excel to fix the issue.

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi there

To permanently set the scroll bars and buttons in Excel 2007, you can follow these steps:

1. Click the Office button in the top left corner of the Excel window.
  2. Click on the Excel Options button located at the bottom right of the popup window.
  3. In the Excel Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab.
  4. Scroll down to the Display options for this workbook section and make sure the Show horizontal scroll bar and Show vertical scroll bar options are checked.
  5. Under the Display options for this workbook section, you will also find an option for Show sheet tabs. Make sure that is checked as well.
  6. Click on the OK button to apply the changes.
If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting Excel's settings to the default. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Close Excel.
  2. Click the Start button and type "Run" in the search box.
  3. In the Run dialog box, type "excel.exe /resetuserdata" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
  4. Excel will start up with its default settings. Try checking the options for the scroll bars and sheet tabs again.
If you still don't see the scroll bars or sheet tabs after trying the above steps, it may be a problem with your installation of Excel. You may need to repair or reinstall Excel to fix the issue.
Jimmypop
Thank you very much for the correct response. The options you stated to set were set accordingly. The reason I could not see the scroll bars was because the window within the window had been positioned so that the scroll bars were not visible. Because the interface on a Mac does not allow this situation to occur, and I'm not an effective user of Windows, I did not notice this. - Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back