Setting up a formula in Excel to adjust the spreadsheet and trigger Power Automate

Liz001

Office Version
  1. 365
I am interested in setting a formula to alter excel enough to trigger Power Automate when a date reaches its due date. The conditional formatting that I have tried so far only changes the color, which doesn’t trigger the email to be sent in Power Automate. (I have Power Automate set up currently to email me anytime the spreadsheet changes.)

I have a spreadsheet of training dates. A date more recent than 6/30/2022, or greater than, would be “current” and a date before 6/1/2022, or less than, would be “expired”.

Attachments

• mrexcel.png
    mrexcel.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Formulas won't execute if you don't open the workbook. But maybe you can have another Power Automate flow check regularly if the due date has been reached, and then change the workbook to trigger the email flow.

Upvote 0
Formulas won't execute if you don't open the workbook. But maybe you can have another Power Automate flow check regularly if the due date has been reached, and then change the workbook to trigger the email flow.
Oh, I didn't know that Power Automate can check due dates. (?)

Upvote 0
Oh, I didn't know that Power Automate can check due dates. (?)
It should be able to open Excel, run through a series of cells and check whether any of them meet a particular condition. Thinking about it, maybe you only need one flow for this:
- open excel, check a particular cell
- if it's a due date that has been reached, send an email and make a note in Excel to avoid triggering the flow next time.
- go to next row

Upvote 0
It should be able to open Excel, run through a series of cells and check whether any of them meet a particular condition. Thinking about it, maybe you only need one flow for this:
- open excel, check a particular cell
- if it's a due date that has been reached, send an email and make a note in Excel to avoid triggering the flow next time.
- go to next row
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back