SETV and GETV

pilot

Using a networked version of Excel 2002 keeps me from downloading and using the Morefunc addin. I tried to create my own UDF for SETV and GETV but I'm afraid I got nowhere. Is it possible to do that, and more importantly, is there anyone willing to undertake this?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
On 2002-09-13 06:15, pilot wrote:
Using a networked version of Excel 2002 keeps me from downloading and using the Morefunc addin. I tried to create my own UDF for SETV and GETV but I'm afraid I got nowhere. Is it possible to do that, and more importantly, is there anyone willing to undertake this?

What do these functions do ??
perhaps someone will create one if you explain what the function do and what paramtres they take etc.

Upvote 0
That's very annoying... System folks/policies that prevent installing morefunc.xll.

Stephen Dunn has created a single function version in VBA which you need to insert as a module:

Public Function V(Optional vrnt As Variant) As Variant
'
' Stephen Dunn
' 2002-09-12
'
Static vrntV As Variant
If Not IsMissing(vrnt) Then vrntV = vrnt
V = vrntV
End Function

Usage example:

=IF(ISNA(v(VLOOKUP("q",F2:G5,2,0))),0,v())

Aladin

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-13 06:23, Ivan F Moala wrote:
On 2002-09-13 06:15, pilot wrote:

What do these functions do ??
perhaps someone will create one if you explain what the function do and what paramtres they take etc.

Ivan,

Morefunc.xll is the best add-in available, written in C (or C++) by Longre, which offers a variety of functions that are as fast as built-in functions of Excel.

Just do a search here on morefunc to see the way what SETV, GETV, and other functions are used.

Aladin

Upvote 0
Thanks Aladin (and Stephen), this looks so simple. Originally I wasn't worried about the double work required because of how my IF(VLOOKUP…) statements were constructed but as the workbook grew, well you know the rest.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back