Shading Every 3 Column Headers

Eric G

I have a header row where I want to alternate the shading of every 3 columns within a specific range of columns.

For example,
A1, B1, C1 Shaded
D1, E1, F1 Not Shaded
G1, H1, I1 Shaded
J1, K1, L1 Not Shaded
M1, N1, O1 Shaded

Is there a way to do this WITHOUT having to enter each cell for shading into the VBA code?

How about
VBA Code:
    For Counter = 9 To 119 Step 6
      'Set color to BlueLight
      wsConsolidate.Cells(2, Counter).Resize(, 3).Interior.Color = BlueLight
    Next

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
That's what I've read elsewhere too, but I've yet to experience a noticeable lag whenever I've used Loops.
If you are just applying them to a small range where the number of loops is low, it probably isn't too noticeable.
But if you started getting in to the hundreds, thousands, or more, it will become more noticeable.

And of course the other danger with loops is if you aren't careful, you can get stuck in an infinite loop (that really sucks!).
The "For each..." option usually avoids that though, as you are limiting it to some specific set of data.

Upvote 0
If you are just applying them to a small range where the number of loops is low, it probably isn't too noticeable.
But if you started getting in to the hundreds, thousands, or more, it will become more noticeable.

And of course the other danger with loops is if you aren't careful, you can get stuck in an infinite loop (that really sucks!).
The "For each..." option usually avoids that though, as you are limiting it to some specific set of data.
Oh, hell, I guess you win, Joe.

Sorry, Fluff. I was finally able to get the code to splash out color but I can't get the alignment right. I tried playing with the Step number and Resize number (and whoops! with Cells number), but since I don't know the nuance of how the code works (without spending some time digging into it), I'll have to move on with the CF option.

Thanks, gentlemen. I appreciate the assist.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtariBaby

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back