Shared Excel document in MS Teams - will not edit just deletes the contents?!?

Batley

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
We have come across a very strange issue with a shared excel document in MS Teams.
The sheet is very basic, it logs vehicles, locations and arrival times along with a comments section for problems etc.
There are very few formulas or formatting in the sheet, as I say it is very basic.
The sheet is used LIVE by around 20 plus people at a time, maybe 4 or 5 people editing at once the others just viewing the sheet, but it is always in edit mode.
Everything was working great until it stopped letting you amend the cells. Now when you click in a cell to edit the contents it just deletes what was originally there. You can recover the information by pressing ESC or clicking out of the cell and selecting UNDO but if you wanted to change a name for example (if you had made a spelling mistake) you have to type everything out again, you can not edit in the address bar or the individual cell.
To my knowledge the settings of the sheet have not been changed but with so many users I can not be sure.
I was wondering if anyone else in the forum had encountered this and if there is a way I can fix it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Sara

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back