Shared Live Access Excel Presentation

OfficeJunk

Good day!
I am looking to set up a almost custom slideshow presentation for an excel spreadsheet that all my office co-workers update and edit daily. The purpose of this is to present the information on a mounted monitor for everyone to see on a loop. Not only do I want this, but the spreadsheet specifically has dates associated with the data and I would like the presentation to display that data correlating with the present date and future data.

For example, there is a project that is due on 5/16 and a project due on 5/20. The presentation will display on a loop the project due on 5/16 and 5/20. The data for the project due on 5/16 will be presented on display up until the day after 5/16, but will continue streaming the data for all projects as those days come and go.

If anyone has any idea how to accomplish this task or has an idea of a program to accomplish this, please reply.
Thanks,
OfficeJunk

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I have never tried this but if you want a constantly updating block of code you would use a while true loop with a DoEvents call inside the loop

then you will have a macro constantly looping and you can check the date and do whatever...

this is the idea...

Code:
Do While True
    'do whatever you like... like checking current date and displaying the correct sheet when appropriate

DoEvents
Loop

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back