Shared workbook increase in size help needed

I_know_nuffin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a shared workbook that gets updated every morning with data from another main workbook via vba code to copy a range into the shared workbook

the problem I have is the shared workbook keeps getting bigger everytime its opened and closed from the main workbook
the shared workbook is so multiple staff can work on the data and update where necessary

Process is
main workbook opens shared workbook and copies the updated data and pastes back into a sheet in the main workbook

main workbook reloads data from a report, processes the data, X ref to the shared data for updates

the main workbook then copies the updated data back into the shared workbook

the problem I have is the shared workbook grows in size everytime its opened and closed via the main workbook

shared workbook start size 350K
after opening to copy out the updated data back to the main workbook size increases by about 200k to 550k
then after copying the data back from the main workbook size increases again by 200k to 750k

so in a week the shared workbook can be over 2000k which is a pain as it slows the whole process down

I can resolve this by unsharing the workbook and resharing again which sets it back to the 350k size

can anybody suggest a solution to stop this increase in size, or a way to automate the sharing - unsharing

any help greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi

Can anybody suggest a solution to stop this increase in size, or a way to automate the sharing - unsharing

any help greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back