Shared Workbook

Evagrius Ponticus

Hello!

I have a workbook with around 50 or so pages of code. Many sheets are veryhidden but can be unhidden based on user interaction. I also have shapes and Userforms in the workbook.

I am having a tough time making this workbook a shared workbook. Do I have any options? Thank You!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Why would you want to ruin your workbook by making it a Shared Workbook?

Upvote 0
HA! I knew it Rorya! Your comment now convinces me that it would be a mistake. My boss asked me to find a "solution." The only think I can think of is an Access DB - or maybe create a data only shared worbook and somehow import the data into the programmed workbook. What do you think?

Upvote 0
It depends exactly what you are doing, but if you can use a database for the source data then I would probably do that. Excel does not really handle multi-user editing very well (the 2010 web apps are supposed to be better, but the functionality is not as good).

Upvote 0
Rorya - one last question. Do you suggest that I use Access for the source data and import that data into Excel? Is that a solid strategy.

Upvote 0
Again, it depends on what you are doing. It may be simplest to have one or more queries linking to your access data and then report off that, or you may want pivot tables linked to queries in the DB, or you may want to use VBA and ADO to retrieve the data you need for a particular report, or... :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back