Sharepoint connection parameter

Abvlecxe

Board Regular
Hello,

I am building an excel report for someone else which will be live in their SharePoint and will extract information from other files also located within their SharePoint.

So i want to create the file with parameters to make it easy for the end user to change connection and update with their SharePoint URL, I have watched numerous you tube videos and there are several videos covering parameters but i can't see any that specifically cover a SharePoint initial connection.

In my excel file I have a one line table which i have loaded into power query and made a text parameter called "ParConn" the text within the parameter = "https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/"

I am trying to use the new parameter within a query to connect to SharePoint and eventually I will build up the code to retrieve files from SharePoint but at the very first hurdle connection to SharePoint i get an error, I have used the following M code:

let
Source = SharePoint.Files(ParConn, [ApiVersion = 15])
in
Source

But when i try to load the query i keep on getting this error:

Formula.Firewall: Query 'Connect' (step 'Source') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.

Can anyone help with this please as it's melting my brain!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back