Sheet Addition

shaun111

Is it possible to create one sheet that will be a summary of other sheets and never need to change to summary sheet's logic once another sheet is added?

For example:

Sheet A is a summary sheet, it adds and shows combinded column values of sheets B and C. Sheets B and C are identical replica's of each other with different values. If I wanted to add another sheet (sheet D) which is an exact replica of sheet's B & C and show the combined values of all three sheets (B,C & D) on sheet A.Is there a way or some logic I can put in sheet A that would allow me to merely add another sheet and have that sheets values pull through onto sheet A without having to change all the logic in sheet A to account for the new sheet?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi Shaun,

you can use a formula like

=SUM(SheetA:SheetD!A1)

That will give you a total of cell A1 in worksheets A to D. As long as you add any new worksheets in between sheets A and D it will be included in the sum. Might be worth creating dummy sheets called First and Last then you can add and delete any worksheets in between without fear of wrecking the formulas.

i.e.

=SUM(First:Last!A1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back