Sheet Crashing

Turrbbo

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

I've put together a spreadsheet to record vehicle details including additions and deletions and have included some macros which operate when an appropriate button is pressed to either sort, filter or copy out data to an email.

The macros all appear to work fine, the problem I have is when adding new data into the blank lines, the sheet freezes then goes into 'Not Responding' for a couple of minutes before working itself out and allowing me to move on to the next column. But, when I add data into the next cell, it does the same again.

As an example,if I add a registration number into cell 'B11' and press enter, it freezes. after a minute or two, it allows me to add a Make into cell 'C11' but, as soon as I press enter, it freezes again.

I've provided a link to the sheet; https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8egm9bjm57hder/Vehicle Schedule.V1.xlsm?dl=0

I hope someone can help as it's driving me crazy so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

mumps

I don't experience the problem you are describing when I try entering data in B11 and C11. Try setting the calculation mode to manual by running this macro and then try entering data in B11 again to see if it makes a difference.
Code:
Sub x()
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
End Sub
Re-set the calculation mode to automatic by running this macro:
Code:
Sub y()
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I get the same problem as the OP & turning calculation to manual doesn't help.
Also I can find no reason why there should be that lag.

mumps

@Fluff: I don't experience the same problem. :confused:

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I'm running Xl2013 32bit on win 7, what are you running?

mumps

I used Excel 2010 - 32 bit - Windows 10 with no problem. I tried the file with Excel 2013 and I experienced the same problem.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I'm afraid I can't see any reason for it. I've even deleted the named ranges & CF, but still get problems.

mumps

Using Excel 2010, I have written a few macros for some friends who have Excel 2013 or Excel 2016. The macros are supposed to be backward compatible but sometimes they are not. Excel 2016 seems to be the more problematic. My friends have experienced problems such as phantom drop down arrows appearing when using data validation and cell color fill completely disappearing from a sheet in a workbook. I have found Excel 2010 to be the most stable version.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldp124

This Week's Hot Topics