Sheet Crashing

Turrbbo

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

I've put together a spreadsheet to record vehicle details including additions and deletions and have included some macros which operate when an appropriate button is pressed to either sort, filter or copy out data to an email.

The macros all appear to work fine, the problem I have is when adding new data into the blank lines, the sheet freezes then goes into 'Not Responding' for a couple of minutes before working itself out and allowing me to move on to the next column. But, when I add data into the next cell, it does the same again.

As an example,if I add a registration number into cell 'B11' and press enter, it freezes. after a minute or two, it allows me to add a Make into cell 'C11' but, as soon as I press enter, it freezes again.

I've provided a link to the sheet; https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8egm9bjm57hder/Vehicle Schedule.V1.xlsm?dl=0

I hope someone can help as it's driving me crazy so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I don't experience the problem you are describing when I try entering data in B11 and C11. Try setting the calculation mode to manual by running this macro and then try entering data in B11 again to see if it makes a difference.
Code:
Sub x()
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
End Sub
Re-set the calculation mode to automatic by running this macro:
Code:
Sub y()
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

Upvote 0
I get the same problem as the OP & turning calculation to manual doesn't help.
Also I can find no reason why there should be that lag.

Upvote 0
I'm running Xl2013 32bit on win 7, what are you running?

Upvote 0
I used Excel 2010 - 32 bit - Windows 10 with no problem. I tried the file with Excel 2013 and I experienced the same problem.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I can't see any reason for it. I've even deleted the named ranges & CF, but still get problems.

Upvote 0
Using Excel 2010, I have written a few macros for some friends who have Excel 2013 or Excel 2016. The macros are supposed to be backward compatible but sometimes they are not. Excel 2016 seems to be the more problematic. My friends have experienced problems such as phantom drop down arrows appearing when using data validation and cell color fill completely disappearing from a sheet in a workbook. I have found Excel 2010 to be the most stable version.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back