Sheet gone extremely slow

tezza

Board Regular
Hi all

I'm keeping track of information from a game but ever since adding Data sheet 'Sheet1' has gone beyond slow, until I can figure an alternative way around it I do need the info that it holds, so was hoping if someone can have a look over it and see if there's something that can be done to speed it back up again, last run actually cause cpu to stay at 50% without completing, very strange and can't see why.

I've zipped the file and placed it on my own website so I hope it's allowed.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryj/Copy of Guild.7z

It does what I was it to do so far but I'm not into VBA yet so dare say it could be alot better than hitting the record button for macros.

Simply going in and out of sheet1 is slow, as is changing any formula in col c:f

Regards

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Jerry Sullivan

MrExcel MVP
Hi tezza,

I reviewed your file. The slow performance is due to a large number of unused and duplicate conditional formatting rules. If you delete all but the ones you need, (check all worksheets), you should see a tremendous improvement.

tezza

Board Regular
Hi tezza,

I reviewed your file. The slow performance is due to a large number of unused and duplicate conditional formatting rules. If you delete all but the ones you need, (check all worksheets), you should see a tremendous improvement.

Thank you, yes it worked a dream, although I have no idea how that many got in there as I only used 2 I believe.

Kind regards.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickcoba