Sheet that Calculates Hours Traded Away:

RandyD123

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I know this is a big ask, I just don't have the skills to make this happen. Any help would be much apprecieated. Thanks in advance!!

The top part would be a a separate tab ("Data Tab") that has working parameters:
Column B is the employees name. I would need a dynamic table or lets say 100 rows. I would select names from a drop down list
Column C is the amount of hours an employee works per week. This would be a hard entry.
Column D is equal to the amount of hours max that an employee can trade away in any quarter (20% of total hours in any quarter)
Column E:H would calculate hours traded away in any quarter. That info would come from the "Working Tab"

The bottom part of this would be a seperate tab ("Working Tab") is where I would work from. The entries I make here would update the above part (E through H) based on formulas.
The STW would be a drop down. The STO would be a drop down. The date would be a hard entry. And the times would be a drop down. (0000 - 2400) in half hour increments.
The last 2 colums would be based on who made these entries. Both could be combined into one if possible.

So in the example given Person #2 will work for Person #6 on 7/24/23 from 0330-0730. Which means that Person #6 has traded off 4 hours of work, as shown in the "Data Tab". This is what needs to update based on formulas.

If any person gives away 20% or more of their hours, there name would highlight in some color on the "Working Tab"

STW.png

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
please help the forum help you. An image while it gives some perspective of the problem you have, does not help the forum save time or prevent typos.
Please use the xl2bb add in (link below) to post a mini worksheet. In worst case please post your data in a table that can copied (you would need to label your row numbers and columns, and provide (in the text comments) the cell references that have formulas and the formula).

The data should be sanitized for privacy.

Thanks in advance for helping the forum help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back