sheet to sheet value comparison.

jane23

Hi,
I have code below to check if column F and D values are in other page, Column E,G,H should be in other page as well.
So I have code below. This code is not working correctly it ignores the comparison from other page.
Code:
Private Function rowLast()
    rowLast = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row
End Function

Dim rngCell As Range
For Each rngCell In ActiveSheet.Range("F13:F" & rowLast)
  If Range("D" & rngCell.Row).Value = 0 And _        
Range("F" & rngCell.Row).Value = 0 Then

ElseIf WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("B2:B" & ValidateL), rngCell) <> 0 And _
      WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("A2:A" & ValidateL), rngCell.Offset(, -2)) <> 0 And _
      WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("C2:C" & ValidateL), rngCell.Offset(, -1)) = 0 And _
      WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("D2:D" & ValidateL), rngCell.Offset(, 2)) = 0 And _
      WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("E2:E" & ValidateL), rngCell.Offset(, 1)) = 0 Then
       MsgBox "Please validate this combo " & rngCell & " Row Num: " & rngCell.Row
       End
    End If

Next
End Sub
First code does not work, but If I compare only IF column F and D values in other page and compare just E column, it works fine.

Code:
Dim rngCell As Range
For Each rngCell In ActiveSheet.Range("F13:F" & rowLast)
  If Range("D" & rngCell.Row).Value = 0 And _
        Range("F" & rngCell.Row).Value = 0 Then

ElseIf WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("B2:B" & ValidateL), rngCell) <> 0 And _
      WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("A2:A" & ValidateL), rngCell.Offset(, -2)) <> 0 And _
      WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("CheckList").Range("E2:E" & ValidateL), rngCell.Offset(, 1)) = 0 Then
       MsgBox "Please validate this combo " & rngCell & " Row Num: " & rngCell.Row
       End
    End If

Next
End Sub

does anyone knows why first code is not working?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Can you detail your specifications:
It seems there is a test to do when column F and D value is 0
It seems taht the first row is 13
Let's restart from the beginning and explain what you want

Upvote 0
Yes, If column F and D are 0 I would like to skip and validation is starting at F13. However if column F and D values are in column A(compares to D in main) and B(compares to F in main) in Checklist sheet, I would like to add validation that Column E,G,H from main sheet data must be from Checklist column C.D, and E.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back